Things to Know About This NY Neighborhood
This is one of the best neighborhoods in the Bronx, NYC. It is bordered by Riverdale, Kingsbridge, Harlem River, and the Hudson River. The population of this urban neighborhood is around 7,800 residents, and the percentage of homeowners and renters is pretty much the same, so the housing market has a lot to offer to different profiles of newcomers.
Learn More About Spuyten Duyvil’s History Before Relocating
Frederick Philipse was the lord of Philipse Manor in Westchester County when he obtained permission to construct a bridge over Spuyten Duyvil Creek in the late 17th century and to charge tolls. In 1693, “King’s Bridge” opened and was situated about south of where West 230th Street is today. But the development of the area began much later, in the 19th century, when the NY Central and Hudson River Railroad passed through. Some of the historical landmarks in this neighborhood are:
- Edgehill Church – Established in 1888-89 as a chapel of the local Riverdale Presbyterian Church, Edgehill Church was built by Francis H. Kimball in an eclectic blend of styles: Romanesque Revival, Shingle Style, and Tudor Revival.
- Villa Charlotte Bronte – Overlooking the Hudson and Harlem Rivers, Villa Charlotte Bronte is a residential house that was built in 1926 and designed by Robert Gardner, and it resembles the style of Italian villas.
Is This Neighborhood Expensive for Living?
The cost of living is 13% higher than NY’s average, but the median household income of $93,500 is significantly higher than the city’s and national median income. Homes have a median valuation of $304,000, and the median rent price is $1,600. Overall this borough has a lower cost of living than the other four, so relocating here can offer you all the perks of living in NYC without a great expense.
Nearby Options for Outdoor Activities
Henry Hudson Park is an excellent area for your furry friends if you are moving with pets. It is situated at the intersection of Kappock Street and Independence Avenue in the center of the neighborhood. There is a narrow view over Spuyten Duyvil Creek in the park, called Half Moon Overlook.
In the northwestern Bronx, Spuyten Duyvil Playground has the same name as the local high school, the surrounding creek, and a neighborhood. New play equipment, concrete pavement, and safety surfacing, as well as the restoration of the yardarm flagpole, were all added in the last redesign of this playground.
Our Local Spuyten Duyvil Movers Provide Many Cost-Effective Relocation Services in NY
Twin Brothers Movers is one of the best New York moving companies. Our crew is well known for their effectiveness and professionalism no matter the distance. Every mover working in our New York moving company is professional, certified, and most importantly, committed to its job. If you are thinking about relocating soon, you can find out what kinds of relocation resources are available:
- Residential moving – Our professional local movers in New York will help you move your entire household to the new residence. This entails packing, securing, and transporting everything to the desired location with a truck.
- Commercial moving – We recognize that it will create a lot of stress to move an entire business workspace. With our team of experts, anything you want will be transported very quickly, and on the planned date, the organization will be working at the new location.
- Packing service – We can pack everything if you don’t have to think about packing delicate things around your home or anything else – our packers will cover everything.
Follow Some Tips From Professional Movers for a Smooth Relocation
After planning a moving away party and saying goodbye to your friends and relatives, it is time actually to start packing. You might begin to feel moving stress if you don’t know how to start. Creating a moving to-do list and moving expenses checklist is the first tip you should remember. We highly advocate hiring professionals if you either don’t know how to pack books for moving or worry about the most commonly forgotten things to pack. Our New York movers in Spuyten Duyvil are a team of trained New York City movers who will make your move an amazing experience and show you many moving hacks.
Compare Our Reviews to Those of Other Moving Companies in New York
We are sure that you’ll hardly find a better offer among other companies, but we still advise you to go through different online reviews and see what our previous clients in NY have to say. We strive to provide the best service at a reasonable cost, and we are glad that so many people recognize and appreciate our efforts. We will continue improving and working on finding new ways to excel at relocations, so if you like our reviews, give us a call, and we will see what we can do for you.
Contact Twin Brothers Movers Company and Get Your Quote
You can contact us by phone and ask for a free quote if you would like to find out an average price for the services needed. The other method to identify the prices is to fill out a quick online questionnaire on our website, and the same answers will be received. We promise that there won’t be any extra costs or fines and our reviews can confirm that. Also, you can contact us at any time if you have any complaints or other questions. Don’t wait too long and book your move with the best company in the area, so you can go on the best hikes near NYC and forget about the tedious relocation details and distance.