What Is So Great About This Bronx Neighborhood
If you’re looking for the best neighborhoods in NYC for families, Kingsbridge is one of many great options in the upper Bronx. Located just southeast of Riverdale, it used to be a part of the Town of Yonkers, and later it served to connect the borough with Manhattan. Today, it’s one of the best neighborhoods in the Bronx, with many shops and businesses expanding as the area develops. Here are a few reasons why you should pick this safe haven to be your home.
Buying a Home Here Is Quite Affordable
The neighborhood is quite affordable in terms of housing options, especially when compared to living in Manhattan. According to AreaVibes, the neighborhood’s cost of living is about 36% lower than the city average. The median home price of $127,400 is substantially cheaper than NYC’s $509,000. Its housing costs are sometimes even lower than anywhere else in the US, quite rare for a big city. The median rent costs of $1,250 are also quite affordable, with over 81% of locals choosing to rent, higher than the city average of 68%. Many other goods and services are also a lot more affordable than in any other place in the city.
This Is One of the Safest Areas in the Bronx
Are you looking to move to one of the safest neighborhoods in NYC? NYPD’s 50th Precinct patrols the community and the nearby Riverdale. Its patrolling area was ranked the 13th safest out of 69 in 2010. The number of violent crimes and incarcerations per capita in the area is lower than that of the city. According to the precinct’s crime report, the neighborhood’s crime rates are significantly lower today, having been decreased by 81.5% since the 1990s. The area holds up well even when compared to some of the safest neighborhoods in Manhattan, which are known to have zero deaths due to violent crimes.
You Don’t Need Guides to Find What to Do in Kingsbridge
The neighborhood is rich with fun and exciting opportunities, so much that you can even plan a staycation in NYC. Here are some great places you can explore in the area:
- Explore the Van Cortlandt Park – Covering over 1,100 acres, the park is the third-largest in the city. Enjoy some of its numerous sport and outdoor activities, including basketball, baseball, football, horseback riding, cricket, and cross-country running. Considering the sheer size of the park, biking would be a more appropriate way of navigating it, so make sure you look for a bike rental in NYC.
- Visit the Edgar Allan Poe Cottage – This little gem of a farmhouse is where the famous poet spent his last two years. To learn more about his life and work, go on a guided tour of this late 18th-century house.
- Have a Drink at Punch Bowl Pub – Who said that you couldn’t have some fun outside some breweries in Manhattan? Stop by this long-running Irish pub to sip some standard brew, play some pool and darts, watch sports on TV, or just enjoy a simple, friendly gathering.
Find Moving Companies in New York That Have Kingsbridge Movers
Relocations require a lot of preparation. That’s why it’s smart to look up some New York moving companies, even when relocating locally. A New York moving company that has movers in Kingsbridge would be able to provide you with all the services you need. One such company is our family-run Twin Brothers Movers. With us by your side, the relocation is going to be done in no time.
Local New York City Movers Offer Many Different Services
Hiring New York movers gives you many advantages. Besides a specific service, you’ll also gain knowledge of some useful moving hacks. One of the better hacks is making a moving to-do list, enabling you to keep track of the progress you’ve made easily. Let’s go over some of the most common services you can get when relocating locally.
We Provide Many Reliable Moving Services
Depending on your needs, New York City moving companies offer a few different relocation options:
- Packing Service – Unless you plan on spending a long time wrapping all your belongings, getting this service is a must. We use only the highest quality materials and ensure that all your delicate items are adequately secured for transportation.
- Residential Moves – Do you need to relocate your home? If so, then this service is perfect for you. We’ll load all your furniture and provide a transportation unit.
- Commercial Moves – We understand that saving time is crucial when relocating a business. By using our service, it won’t be long until you can continue working as usual.
Have a Stress Free Relocation With Our Local Movers in New York
With the help of our company, your relocation experience will be much more enjoyable. Have you seen our customer reviews yet? If yes, you’re already aware that you’ll be getting some of the best professionals in the city. Join our long list of satisfied customers today.
Contact Us as Soon as You Find a Place
Make sure to book a date with our local representative as soon as you find a place you like. Do this as quickly as possible, or the date you want could be taken by somebody else, and you certainly don’t want to search for other options last-minute. If you have any questions, contact us and get a free quote on your local move now.