Is Allerton a Good Place to Live?
Located in the Eastern part of the Bronx, New York City, this is a working-class neighborhood. It got its name after the early Bronx settler, Daniel Allerton, who purchased and farmed this location. It consists of three subsections, named Bronxwood, Olinville, and Laconia. Life in this community provides a dense urban feeling for residents, and most residents rent their houses. There are a number of pubs, cafes, restaurants, and parks in the neighborhood.
There are three subsections in this community:
- The southern section of Allerton is called Bronxwood. It has over 20,000 residents. Its borders are Allerton Avenue to the north, Esplanade Avenue to the east, Pelham Parkway to the south, and Bronx River Parkway to the west. The Pelham Parkway Houses and Boston Road Plaza are located in Bronxwood.
- The northern section of Allerton is Laconia. It has a population of less than 25,000. Its borders are Boston Road to the northwest, East Gun Hill Road to the northeast, the IRT Dyre Avenue Line to the east, Allerton Avenue to the south, and Bronxwood Avenue to the west. The Eastchester Houses are located in Laconia.
- The northwestern portion of Allerton is Olinville; the section north of Adee Avenue is also known as part of Williamsbridge. Its borders are Gun Hill Road to the north, Boston Road to the east, Allerton Avenue to the south, and Bronx River Parkway to the west.
Rent Prices and Home Value
In this neighborhood, a rented apartment unit costs from $1,400 to $2,900. Apartments with two bedrooms range from $1,700 to $2,500. The monthly rent for a 3-bedroom apartment ranges from $2,100 to $2,900. The median value of a house is $393,000.
Parks and Recreation
Just to the west from here are the Bronx Zoo and Botanical Garden, and there are other green spaces, too. Bronx Skate Park (known as Allerton SkatePark) is located within Bronx Park, a little north of Allerton Avenue. The 6,000 sq ft skate park includes a quarter pipe, bank ramps with ledges, a skate pyramid, grind rails, and a smooth skating surface.
Twin Brothers Movers Has the Best Allerton Movers
If you are already sold on the thought of living in this charming neighborhood in the Bronx by now, it’s time to start planning your relocation. You can count on Twin Brothers Movers to provide you with the best price, no matter the distance. There’s no space for any moving stress with our team of professionals.
Our Local Movers Are More Experienced If You Compare Them to Others
With the most reliable and well-trained team of experts, we are a reputable moving company in New York. Our movers are qualified, extremely capable, and utterly dedicated to customer service. We are here to deliver, whatever your desires and wishes are. The crew is going to arrive equipped with professional equipment and determined to give you everything you want for your money. You will be free to concentrate on other errands involved with traveling and not think about the logistics. Sit back, relax, and focus on visiting the best neighborhoods in the Bronx, finding the best hikes near NYC, or throwing a moving away party to say goodbye to your friends and family members.
Twin Brothers Movers Are One of the Best Local Moving Companies Near You
You can’t find a more efficient, trustworthy, and budget-friendly company in NYC. Check out the reviews included on our website if you don’t believe us. We are committed to the care and security of your belongings, and we will do our best to provide you with excellent service. Every step of the way, our professional New York movers will help you and carefully respond to your needs. We have extensive experience in the relocation business, and as our customers, you can feel entirely comfortable with us.
Check Out the Moving Services We Provide
We specialize in inexpensive and excellent services addressing all areas of relocation. Depending on your future needs, make a choice between:
- Residential moves: Schedule a complete relocation service and have us do everything for you. Our team of movers will pack and load your belongings to the truck to ensure they are delivered safely and quickly.
- Commercial moves: We are also entirely capable of relocating the whole office space, from your computer devices to appliances, in addition to residential relocations. Our commercial moving service is cost-effective and reliable.
- Packing services: If you’re worried about how to pack books for moving or how to pack glasses for moving, you should hire our excellent packers. Our New York crew is specially qualified to pack everything from dishes to whole libraries. On the other hand, there are certain items movers won’t move, so it’s best to call ahead and do your research. We have high-quality materials for packing as well.
Request Free Quotes from Our Mover
By filling out a form on our website or contacting our agents over the phone, ask for a free quote today. We are always available to answer any questions you have. First, let us help you with your moving expenses checklist and ask our agents for an estimate free of charge.
Contact Your Chosen Movers in Allerton on Time
Contact our agents today if you wish to be a part of the list of hundreds of happy customers. We are waiting eagerly for your call and look forward to answering any questions you might have. Feel free to reach out, and we’ll be able to give you the advice you need, whether it’s about the most commonly forgotten things to pack or some other moving hacks. We look forward to being a part of this exciting experience with you.